0

Project 1: Long-Term Project

For a long-term project I thought plants would be a good option. A few birthday's ago my hubby got me an aerogarden. What a cool gift. I can grown things that are very hard to kill, flourish quickly and can grown any time of the year! We have since grown herbs and lettuce and now we are growing cherry tomatoes. :) I love cherry tomatoes! We planted them the second week in February and look how far they have come in 8 weeks!

This one was taken a few days ago of a new tomato I had spotted!


Look at where it's at today!


I am so impressed at how fast things grow in the aerogarden!
That was only a few days worth of growth!

This is the first tomato that I found!
It was smaller than the tomato in the first picture
.
There isn't a before picture but it is getting quite large now! How exciting!

For the long term project, they gave examples of photographers who documented a town or group of people for decades! That is impressive. However, anything you want to document over time, no matter how mundane or ordinary, will be exciting after a while because photos document change. I can document the growth of my garden. Next month we will be planting a few vegetables and I can include that in the long term project. Therefore I deem my long term project to be my growing plants.

A quote from the book on this project:

So never take the ordinary for granted. Do the opposite - celebrate it, photograph it.

These photos were all taken with my Rebel XT and my kit lens because my new equipment is all in the shop still.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top