3

Goodbye Rotten Nasty Counter!

Last week our landlord told us we can finally get a new counter. We have been living in this same place for over a year now and have always been disgusted by our kitchen counter. Its rotting, the sticker they put over (probably to hid the rot) is pealing off and the tap was just nasty too.

How gross is this? And believe me its not from a lack of cleaning on my part.




The green actually did kind of match the floor mat that we bought before we lived here. :)


See the peeling off sticker...I sort of wanted to peel it all off...but it was too much work.



We had to pull out all the drawers and all the food from the top shelves under the counter. But it was a good excuse for me to do some organizing!




Are you ready for it? Now that you've seen our old counter, I'm sure you are just as excited as I am to see our new one! :) Its so clean! Its actually sort of textured as well. We got a new faucet but the sink is the same. Anyways. It looks a hundred times better!





Isn't it pretty?



Well, in other news I am job shadowing Kathryn L from http://www.photokat.ca today on a children's photoshoot! I am so excited! But sad that my main camera and lens are still sitting in repair....But at least I have my other camera body and my kit lens. Sometimes I struggle a lot with feeling like new lenses or a more expensive camera will make me a better photographer. I need to learn to live within my means and work on my skill with what I have. New gear will come eventually. I will post some images from the shoot later on.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!


3 comments:

Carmela said...

I like that: "Sometimes I struggle a lot" :) Sounds like you know what the solution is!

Carmela said...

Oh, and the new countertop looks great!

Mary Goodman said...

Looks great! Nice to have things "freshened up" a little. I'm plodding along trying to freshen up areas of the house that are screaming "help me".
By the way, that looks like my jar of granola on your counter?!

Post a Comment

Back to Top